For the 12th time, the Swiss LSE Alumni Association, the University's largest and most active collegiate club in Switzerland, is hosting
the informal annual gathering of graduates, current and former students, members of staff, visitors and friends from all the Colleges of the University of London.
on Tuesday, 1 December 2015, starting at 6:30 p.m.
in Basle, Berne, Geneva, Lugano, St. Gallen and Zurich
|Information for alumni relations staff and local alumni leaders of the Colleges of the University
|Please study the below information carefully. If you still have questions, contact the Secretary General of the Swiss LSE Alumni Association, the organising club.
We are delighted to present the 12th installment of "True Purple", the informal annual gathering of all graduates, current and former students, members of staff, visitors and friends of the Colleges of the University of London, who live and/or work in Switzerland.
Please find below all the necessary information. Immediate action is required; the events take place on Tuesday, 1 December, in multiple cities throughout Switzerland.
Not much has changed in the procedures from previous years. So, if you have been personally involved with previous "True Purples", it'll basically be the same this year. If you are new to the event, please study the below information carefully.
Each year, we update the details of our alumni contacts at each of the Colleges of the University and Imperial College. We have given our best to get the correct contact with the correct e-mail address. Please apologise for any errors we might have made, and we ask that you notify us of any change of contact information.
Please advice us once you have invited your College constituency in Switzerland. Thank you. Please also don't hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.
On Tuesday, 1 December 2015, from 6:30 pm, graduates, current and former students, members of staff, visitors and friends of the Colleges of the University of London will enjoy supper and small talk at five locations in Switzerland. This page contains all relevant information on the events and also links to invitation and marketing material. Graduates, current and former students, members of staff, visitors and friends are shortened to "alumni/ae" from here onwards.
Each College is responsible for its own alumni/ae population. Hence, you will have to invite your College's alumni/ae to "True Purple". The Swiss LSE Alumni Association, the organiser of "True Purple" for over a decade, will take care of all organisational matters, will prepare additional marketing material and will cover the bill for the use of any facilities.
Please find below hyperlinked approved templates for your e-mail and postal communications and for your print publications. To ensure consistent event branding across the University, please use these templates.
We ask that, at minimum, you do the following:
- list the events in the alumni-related pages of your Web site and within alumni content in your print magazines
- re-connect with as many of your "lost" alumni/ae as possible
- dispatch an e-mail invitation to all of your alumni/ae in Switzerland
- dispatch a 1st e-mail reminder
- dispatch a 2nd e-mail reminder
- dispatch a last call prior on 27 November 2015 or during the week before
You may also chose to do one or more postal mailings. Postal mailings are more costly but also more effective.
We encourage you to take the opportunity to perform some "housekeeping" tasks: Try to track down your "lost" alumni/ae. The upcoming event represents an excellent alumni volunteer recruitment opportunity.
The "absolute floor" in the below table is the number of alumni/ae, which your College has for certain in Switzerland. It's technically impossible that you have below that number of alumni/ae. However, you should be able to connect to all those alumni/ae making the "estimated floor" of the number of alumni/ae in Switzerland. In our experience, it takes about one man-day to research the names and contact details of 200 alumni/ae. With maximum effort, you will be able to reach your "estimated ceiling" of the number of alumni/ae.
The Colleges are listed in order of their admission into the University, followed by the central academic bodies and Imperial College. The numbers are per 31 December 2014.
Alumnae and alumni have to sign up for "True Purple" in advance. They do so through a dedicated Web gateway. Each of the invitation templates includes sign-up instructions to alumnae and alumni. If you customise the text of these templates before dispatch, please do not change the part with the sign-up instructions.
|For Imperial College
University membership for alumnae and alumni of Imperial College will depend on the year they matriculated. The postgraduate matriculating classes of 2007 and beyond and the undergraduate matriculating classes of 2008 and beyond could not have become members of the University. Classes working towards a degree on 8 July 2007 could chose to retain membership in the University or not. All classes prior to these years continue to be members of the University.
The organising club, nonetheless, will continue to welcome all alumnae and alumni of Imperial College, whether they are members of the University or not, to "True Purple".
|The Four Designated Communication Channels
|The organising club has designated four channels through which Colleges and local alumni leaders should communicate with their constituencies in connection with the "True Purple" events. Indeed, Colleges and local alumni leaders are encouraged to use all 4 channels.
In addition to electronic and postal mail, starting with the 11th "True Purple", the organising club has set up two additional communication channels:
- The private group on LinkedIn named "Members of the University of London in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein" has a dual purpose: (1) To enable your alumnae and alumni to expand their personal and professional network to other Colleges of the University, and (2) To make it easier for Colleges to stay connected with their alumnae and alumni in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein. Each College is requested to designate a representative for which the organising club will give "manager rights" to the LinkedIn group. "Manager rights" will allow Colleges to invite their alumni/ae to join the LinkedIn group. Please let your designated representative contact the Secretary General of the Swiss LSE Alumni Association as soon as possible.
- The Twitter channel "UniLondonCHFL" should be followed by as many of your alumni/ae as possible. Hence, the invitation templates include also an invitation to follow the Twitter feed for "True Purple". We encourage you to retweet the messages posted by the organising club.