All Members of the Association are invited to a complimentary
Dinner with Professor Antonio Mele
on Thursday, 9 October 2014, 19:00 for 19:30
at the Restaurant "Le Relais" (14 Gault-Millau Points)
Grand Hotel Villa Castagnola
Viale Castagnola 31
Antonio Mele is Professor of Finance with the Swiss Finance Institute in Lugano after a decade as a tenured member of the faculty of the London School of Economics and Political Science. He is also a Research Fellow in the Financial Economics program at the Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) in London, and holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Paris.
His expertise spans a variety of fields in financial economics, pertaining to capital market volatility, interest rates and credit markets, macro-finance, capital markets and business cycles, and information in securities markets. His research has been published by top journals in Finance and Economics such as the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Economic Studies, the Review of Financial Studies, and the Journal of Monetary Economics.
His work outside academia includes developing fixed income volatility indexes for Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE). He is the co-inventor of the CBOE Interest Rate Swap Volatility Index (CBOE-SRVX), the first standardized volatility measure in the fixed income market, designed to standardize and simplify interest rate volatility trading much in the spirit of the CBOE-VIX index in the equity space.
The Dinner is sponsored by AMFIN SA and the Institute for Investment Performance Study (IIPS).
Regular Menu 1:
- Crispy puff paste with sauteed mushrooms, walnuts and raisins
- Codfish brandade with spinach and rye bread
- BIO chicken breast with rosemary, glazed carrots with green pepper
- Tiramisu with amaretto
Regular Menu 2:
- Potato gnocchi with walnuts and gorgonzola
- Caciucco fish soup Livorno style with bruschette
- Beef stew with Barolo wine, polenta and braised shallots
- Meringue with chestnuts
- Celery and corn bits with mixed salad and red currant
- Spelt and quinoa with pumpkin and ground hazelnuts
- Cous cous rings with mushrooms and raisins
- Cocoa and ginger cupcake